Monday, February 8, 2010

Week Five: RSS and Feed Readers

I have been using Bloglines to subscribe to my favorite RSS feeds for quite some time now.  I much prefer the feed reader over sending the feeds directly into my email; rather than clogging up my email, I can go browse my reader and pick up the information that I most want at that moment.  I not only subscribe to work-related feeds, but also to feeds that relate to my hobbies and interests. 

I had never actually searched for RSS feeds, so I decided to try to find two new feeds that would interest me.  I decided that I really wanted to receive  'Unshelved' by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum.  In the process I discovered that I could also subscribe to a few more of my favorite comics through the same feed - The Dark Gate Comic Slurper.   I also subscribed to Archaeology News -- archaelogy being another of my fascinations.  I'm thoroughly looking forward to receiving these new feeds as often as they come!  If you haven't tried an RSS reader -- you should!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment