Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Week Seven: Microblogging

Twitter has become so popular that I don't know how a person cannot have heard about it -- but hearing about it is as far as I'd gone until now! 

After going in and setting up a Twitter account, I can see where some people would find it useful.   It was quite easy to find friends and organizations to follow. I'm quite interested in the Olympics, so decided to follow NBCOlympics.  I also am fascinated by the journey to space, so am following NASA.  As a board member of Gray County Farm Bureau, I decided to follow KSFarmBureau as well.  I've also added several librarians to my list.  It is fun to see just what tweets I get.

At this point, I can't see that it will be that useful to me, and it's just one more 'thing' to go check.  My cell phone is not set up to receive online messages of any type, and perhaps if it was, I'd see microblogging in a different light.  As I mentioned above, it is fun to see the tweets and keep up with others.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you Sara - I see the value in twitter but my phone account is not set up to receive all the tweets. Your blog is looking good!

    ReplyDelete